All bone broth are nutritious. They are different due to nutrients profile taste, cooking time, benefits, and digestibility.
Commonly two types of bone broths are used.
According to consumers of bone broth, beef bone broth boost their energy levels more than chicken bone broth. It might be due to the bones of beef because they are denser than chicken and contains more nutrients than thin bones of the chicken.
Difference Between Beef and Chicken Bone Broth:
Here I enlisted some differences between beef and chicken bone broth to understand which suits you more.
- Chicken Bone broth is easy to digest as it contains is cooked and simmered for a longer period. People with the weak digestive system should choose chicken bone broth
- When it comes to cooking time, the chicken bone broth gets cooked faster than beef bone broth. Bones of chicken are less denser and less thick than beef. That makes it cook faster. However, 24 hours for cooking is always recommended to break down connective tissues properly.
- Omega-6 is found in higher amount in chicken bone broth
- Chicken Bone Broth contains a higher amount of protein.
- Beef Bone broth contains a higher amount of minerals.
Which is Better?
Honestly, it depends on taste preference. Beyond taste preference, it depends on what an individual is looking for. If you want to get a higher amount of Protein than chicken bone broth is best. If you are looking for higher amount of minerals than beef bone broth is best.