What a Detox is Supposed to Do?
For centuries, detoxification is being used. But in recent years, it became more trendy than before. Detoxification is about nourishing and cleansing the body.
The term detoxification is used to remove toxins from the body. But it also maintains optimum health and prevents diseases by removing toxins and providing essential nutrients to the body.
Detoxification sometimes also includes meditation, yoga, and many more. Basically, detoxification is done to cleanse the blood. This is done by removing toxins from the body and specifically from some organs such as the liver, intestines, skin, kidneys, and lungs. It can also help in removing toxins from the lymphatic system.
Luckily, our body is capable of removing toxins and cleansing the body naturally. But sometimes this system is compromised and our body slows down the process of removing toxins or totally became unable to remove toxins.
This is when we need a body cleanser or detoxifier.
What a Detox Drink Should Do?
Here are some things that a detox drink is supposed to do. Mainly, detox drinks strengthen the body’s natural detoxification system. Other are:
- It must stimulate the liver to remove toxins from the body.
- Promote fasting for the rest of the organs.
- Aid in removing toxins from many organs such as skin, kidneys, and intestines.
- Provide some essential nutrients to the body.
- Improve Optimum health.
- Improve blood circulation.
When you need Detoxification?
Every person should follow a detox diet once a year. However, if for some it may not be recommended. Before starting a detox diet, consult your healthcare practitioner.
There are certain conditions when you need detoxification. Here are some of them.
- Sluggish elimination
- Puffy eyes
- Menstrual problems
- Unexplained fatigue
- Irritated skin
- Low-grade infection
- Mental confusion
What to do After a Detox Program:
After a detox program, you should follow include some practices in your routine to keep your body hydrated and toxins free.
- Eat a good amount of fiber, fresh vegetables, and fruits.
- Protect the liver and keep it cleanse by eating herbs such as burdock, dandelion root, and green tea.
- Improve liver health and make it capable of producing glutathione by taking vitamin C. Glutathione is the compound responsible for removing toxins from the body.
- Breath Deeply.
- Prevent stress.
- Increase positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy.
- Sweat is also good for removing toxins.
- Exercise daily.