Usually, the mouth is bitter during the period of fever not after fever. If you are still feeling bitter taste after fever, maybe you still have a fever. It is also possible that your mouth is feeling bitter taste due to overeating, food poisoning or acidity in the stomach.
Why everything tastes bitter during fever?
Through our nasal area, the aroma of our food travels while chewing. Hair cells are present there. Hair cells are responsible to take the odor information to the brain.
During fever, we are unable to smell the odor because we have mucus in our nose. The brain doesn’t get any odor information. This is the basic reason we don’t feel any taste of the food.
Other Reasons for Bitter taste in Mouth:
● By using some Cardiac Drugs.
● Intaking of copper, zinc or chromium in the form of vitamin pills or supplements.
● Burning Mouth Syndrome.
● Acid Reflux.
● Dry Mouth.
● Use of antibiotic Tetracycline.
● Due to Pine Nut.
● Some radiations can also disturb taste buds and cause bitter taste.
How to treat Bitter Taste?
● Use an antibacterial mouthwash.
● Drink Lemonade Diet.
● Keep saliva moving in the mouth by chewing sugar-free gum.
● Drink more water and other fluids throughout the day.
● Reduce tobacco products and avoid spicy foods.
● Rinse the mouth with a spoon of salt in a glass of water(after rinsing through the water out of the mouth).
● Drink Beef Bone Broth to digest food properly
These are some of the remedies that you can try yourself to combat bitter taste. If you are still unable to remove it, consult your doctor without wasting time to get proper treatment.