Collage or Gelatin — What Should be Your Choice?
Protein is the most important nutrient for the body and collagen is one of the most important proteins. Collagen found in abundance in the body. Gelatin is the cooked form of collagen. Both have good for the overall health of the body.
But depending on your needs you have to choose one. Either collagen peptides or gelatin.
In this article, we will discuss the differences between them.
Collagen is found in different parts of the body including connective tissues, teeth, and bones. There are different uses of collagen. It gives you strength and stability in your daily tasks. Collagen makes around 30% of the protein mass in the body.
By degrading collagen, you can convert it into gelatin. For example by cooking animal bones for longer hours.
Both contain protein, no carbs, and no fats. Both provide equivalent nutritional value. Both contain a good amino of amino acids.
What are the Benefits?
Collagen and gelatin both are beneficial for health. Both are used in pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and other industries. Both have beneficial effects on skin, joints, bones, teeth, and hair.
Here are some benefits of collagen and gelatin.
- Collagen can prevent wrinkles, fine lines, other signs of aging by keeping your skin healthy.
- It strengthens the immune system of the skin.
- Collagen keeps the skin hydrated.
- It prevents skin related diseases.
- It neutralizes the free radicals in the skin and protects the skin cells from damage.
- Improves the quality of the nails and skin.
- Improves the health of hair, prevent hair fall, and boost hair growth.
- Collagen or gelatin also improves joint health.
- It increases the density of the bones and protects them from damage.
- Consuming hydrolyzed collagen and improve the health of the joints and prevent osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases.
- It increases the number of antioxidants in the skin.
- Gelatin improves gut health and protects the gut lining.
What Should Be Your Choice?
Collagen and gelatin both can be absorbed by your digestive system easily. But both have different uses.
Collagen is most commonly used to add in various beverages and to be consumed as a supplement. In the United States of America and some other countries, it is also used as a soup.
While gelatin can be used to thicken dressings, making gummies or jellies.
You can get more benefits by consuming collagen.